Tech Futures Teacher
Job Title: Tech Futures Teacher
Organization/School: Milton Hershey School
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Description: Milton Hershey School (MHS) is a tuition-free, home, and private school for over 2,000 Pre-K through 12th-grade students. Founded in 1909 by Milton and Catherine Hershey, the lives of more than 11,000 students have been positively transformed through MHS’s high-quality career-focused education, nurturing home life, and extensive extra-curricular opportunities. Milton Hershey School provides a career-focused education for all students and touts an exceptional Career & Technical Education (CTE) program that begins in Elementary School and carries through to in-depth career track education, programming, and authentic work experiences for all High School students. You can learn more about MHS’s CTE program here – https://www.mhskids.org/beyond-mhs/mhs-career-technical-education-program/.
MHS is seeking two high school Tech Futures Teachers. Tech Futures Teachers maintain an understanding of current technology’s role in advancing our world and have an ability to inspire and teach 12th-grade students. Tech Futures Teachers promote critical thinking and problem-solving skills related to technology, aid in developing the curriculum for the tech futures course and continually update content to correlate with advances in technology.
Tech Futures Teachers work collaboratively with other faculty members while taking initiative and ownership of their work projects. MHS values staff who can apply cutting-edge tools to inspire our students to think creatively and differently about innovation.
• The ability to relate to and work with disadvantaged populations in a compassionate manner while maintaining high standards.
• Assessing student progress and providing timely feedback.
• Maintaining accurate student attendance records.
• Developing strategies to help students gain an understanding of complex concepts related to cybersecurity.
• Facilitating meaningful project-based learning experiences that allow students to apply acquired knowledge.
• Inspiring and facilitating active participation in class discussions.
• Participating in relevant professional development activities.
• Planning and delivering engaging lessons that meet the needs of all students.
• Ensuring that all students graduate with at least one industry certification.
• Ensuring that all students have authentic work-experiences (as appropriate).
• Leading an advisory committee and maintaining strong relationships with business and industry partners.
• Involvement in Career and Technical Student Organizations (CTSO)
TFT’s are excited by the challenge of providing students with the necessary tools to flourish in tomorrow's changing technological landscape. If that describes you, please submit your resume and cover letter today to be considered for this opportunity.
• A Bachelor's degree in computer science, or CTE related field, or a Career and Technical Education Teacher Certificate, or equivalent business and industry experience preferred.
• Knowledge of emerging technologies: artificial intelligence (AI), big data analytics, virtual reality (VR), augmented reality (AR), autonomous vehicles, blockchain, biotech, 3D printing, digital fabrication, robotics, the Internet of Things, entrepreneurship, marketing, and social media.
• Exceptional communication skills; both written and verbal.
• A passion for teaching and helping others prepare for the future.
• Candidates must demonstrate a high degree of integrity, commitment, respect, and positivity, as all MHS staff are considered role models for MHS students.
• Candidates should be willing to actively engage with MHS students beyond the scope of their job responsibilities.
Compensation for this position includes a salary ranging from $69K – $117K (depending on education level and years of experience), exceptional benefits, professional development, wellness opportunities and best of all, the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of students!
Start Date: 06/05/2023
Application Deadline: 05/15/2023
Application URL: https://www.mhskids.org/jobs/tech-futures-teacher/
How to Apply: Learn more and apply at https://www.mhskids.org/jobs/tech-futures-teacher/
Milton Hershey School
1201 Homestead Ln
Hershey, Pennsylvania 17033