Job Title: Supervisor, Career and Technical Education
Organization/School: Pittsburgh Public sSchools
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Description: Position Summary:
The Supervisor of Career and Technical Education shall perform those duties assigned by the Executive Director to ensure the efficient operation of the career and technical education offerings at Pittsburgh Public Schools.
Office Location: Pittsburgh Westinghouse 6-12
Salary Plan: Support Administrator Salary Schedule Level 3, Step 1 (starting at $102,675)
FLSA Status: Exempt
Work Year: 12 Months
– A Supervisory or Director of Vocational Education certification issued by the PA Department of Education.
– A Bachelor’s of Science Degree in vocational education or related area.
– Seven (7) years of experience teaching CTE programs; most recent experience preferred.
– Excellent written and interpersonal skills and the ability to work with demanding timelines and production of quality products.
– Proficient using PC-based computer applications, Microsoft Office applications, e-mail, Web applications, and industry-specific technology.
No Residency Requirement
Essential Job Functions:
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
– Supervise CTE programs and electives in middle and high schools.
– Provide New Teacher Induction workshops for new CTE staff.
– Attend Board Meetings and professional development sessions and any other activity or meeting as deemed appropriate by the Executive Director.
– Supervise and assist instructors in the curriculum development/implementation process.
– Oversee and monitor all teachers’ lesson plans.
– Observe and evaluate CTE teachers.
– Monitor the integration of core academics into Career and Technical Education offerings.
– Assist in implementation of the Superintendent’s Strategic Plan.
– Assist in the recruitment and selection of applicants for CTE staff positions.
– Assist in the development of policies, proposals and procedures.
– Develop, attend, and facilitate all staff-related professional development sessions.
– Maintain open lines of communication with school principals, academic counselors, and career counselors.
– Maintain data on CTE program industry certifications.
– Assist in budget formulation.
– Develop and coordinate post-secondary articulation agreements and dual enrollment.
– Work with business and industry partners to enhance CTE programs.
– Support Occupational Advisory Committees.
– Prepare proposals/grants for Federal and State funding.
– Maintain active membership and participation in professional organizations as recommended by the Executive Director.
– Represent the Executive Director when directed to do so.
– Complete any other duties or responsibilities assigned by the Executive Director.
– Provide support for student field trips and community service activities.
– Coordinate professional development learning opportunities for teachers.
– Work with teachers to coordinate student internships and job shadowing experiences.
– Coordinate and help implement a Career and Technical Student Organization for all CTE programs.
– Prepare Board tabs when necessary.
– Coordinate teacher NOCTI preparation for all CTE programs.
– Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Executive Director, CTE
Start Date: 10/4/2023
Application Deadline: 11/29/2023
Application URL: https://ats4.atenterprise.powerschool.com/ats/job_board_form?op=view&JOB_ID=4600288077&REPRESENTATIVE_COMPANY_ID=00014077&COMPANY_ID=00014077
How to Apply:
Pittsburgh Public Schools
341 S. Bellefield Ave.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15213