Position Title: President (NOCTI Only)
Reports To: NOCTI CEO and NOCTI Board Chair
The successful candidate will be responsible for the continued implementation of the board’s six initiatives. The successful candidate will become the primary spokesperson for the organization, nationally and globally. The candidate will be responsible for the majority of NOCTI business operations during a transitional period of three months while managing a remote staff of professionals. This will be done through a letter of employment executed by both the board chair and the candidate. At the conclusion of this transitional period the candidate, if accepted, will assume the full responsibilities of the President and CEO of both NOCTI and Nocti Business Solutions (NBS).
Principal Responsibilities and Duties:
• Creatively implement planning to enhance the board’s six initiatives.
• Work closely with NOCTI’s nationally elected 11-member Board of Trustees.
• Gain a working knowledge of NBS and its interconnectedness to NOCTI.
• Manage a talented remote staff.
• Convey enthusiasm and employ effective management and team building.
• Develop a usage plan for NOCTI/NBS national headquarters.
• Exhibit excellent communication skills within and outside of the organization.
• Maintain a “Thought Leader” position and inform state and federal policy makers on workplace skills, industry standards, and assessment techniques.
Career and Technical Education and Industry Outreach
• Maintain relationships with industry association partners and develop a plan to increase B2B partnerships.
• Serve as NOCTI’s chief ambassador and advocate to all audiences.
• Articulate complex issues, reframe, and convey them for appropriate audiences.
• Extend NOCTI products and services to additional audiences.
• Handle, write and oversee all grants, grant writing and contract development.
• Monitor and adapt to the current direction of CTE. (Examples: possible new career clusters, emphasis on middle grade level exploration, and Comprehensive Local Needs Assessment [CLNA])
• Develop strategies to further integrate NOCTI and NBS products into existing customer base.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Demonstrated competency in the field of industry standards development, assessment development and credentialing methods.
• Technologically savvy with the ability to present the same topic in at least three formats.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (Continued):
• Demonstrated ability to work with a Board of Trustees consisting of a diverse group of constituent representatives.
• Successful experience managing a remote workforce.
• Demonstrated teambuilding and networking abilities.
• Experience as a practitioner in a career and technical education environment.
• Understanding of career and technical education history and its relationship to the current workforce.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated integrity and respect for others.
• Willingness to travel domestically and globally as needed.
• Demonstrated ability to work on issues of national significance.
• Minimum educational requirement of relevant master’s degree.
• Advanced degree (Ph.D.).
• International experience/bilingual.
• Leadership experience in a non-profit organization.
• Worked in multiple states.
• Some corporate experience.
Salary: Competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Application Deadline: Review of applications will begin July 15, 2022 and will continue until the position is filled. The starting date for this position is September 1, 2022. A package describing both NOCTI and NBS background and mission will be sent to candidates selected for an interview by the Search Committee.
Facts About NOCTI: With over five decades of experience in career and technical education (CTE), NOCTI delivers solutions for increasing learners’ technical competence and certifying new and incumbent workers in the private sector. NOCTI’s comprehensive services include development of national standards, assessment tools, certifications, and in-depth reporting to provide a complete collection for data-driven program improvements and learner success. NOCTI was founded in 1966 as a not-for-profit consortium representing each of the fifty states and the U.S. territories. It is governed by a prestigious Board of Trustees. This group of individuals reinforces NOCTI’s expertise in, and commitment to, improving America’s workforce. NOCTI national headquarters is located in the west central Michigan community of Big Rapids, about 50 miles from Grand Rapids, Michigan, the second largest city in Michigan, with a population of 200,000.
Send letter of application, resume, transcript, and references to:
Edward A Bouquillon PhD
Chairman of Board of Trustees
P.O. Box 446
Fairlee VT 05045