Organization/School: ,Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, Department of Education
Job Type: Civil Service Permanent Full-Time
COMMONWEALTH OF PENNSYLVANIA
invites applications for:
Perkins Lead (Career and Technical Education Advisor 2)
The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania is proud to be an equal opportunity employer supporting workplace diversity.
SALARY: $68,929.00 – $104,685.00 Annually
JOB TYPE: Civil Service Permanent Full-Time
DEPARTMENT: Department of Education
LOCATION: Dauphin County
OPENING DATE: 07/22/22
CLOSING DATE: 08/04/22 11:59 PM
JOB CODE: 22440
POSITION NUMBER: 00061491
UNION: FOSCEP – Fed of St Cult & Ed Profsnls
BARGAINING UNIT: C4
PAY GROUP: ST09
BUREAU/DIVISION CODE: 00163410
BUREAU/DIVISION: Division Data Analysis Assessment and Contracts
WORKSITE ADDRESS: 333 Market Street
ZIP CODE: 17126
CONTACT NAME: Lee Burket
CONTACT PHONE: (717) 783-6977
CONTACT EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking for an individual who is an independent worker and wants to provide leadership to grant recipients. If you are a self-starter, communicate clearly, develop trusting relationships, consider being part of team that provides statewide opportunities for schools that hold Pennsylvania Department of Education approved career and technical education (CTE) programs and postsecondary institutions that hold a federal CTE grant.
Career and technical education is defined in state regulation and means: Programs under public supervision and control which provide an organized process of learning experiences designed to develop integrated academic and occupational skills, knowledge, attitudes, work habits and leadership ability for entry into and advancement within various levels of employment in occupational areas of agriculture, business, marketing and distribution, health, home economics and trade and industry and for participation in postsecondary education and training.
DESCRIPTION OF WORK:
The position is responsible for building the electronic grant application for schools and postsecondary institutions to apply for federal grants that lead to improving career and technical education (CTE) programs that are approved by the Pennsylvania Department of Education. This includes managing the online grant system for not only the federal CTE grants but also the state CTE competitive grants. The position is responsible for reviewing and approving high school and postsecondary CTE applications for federal funds against the grant application guidelines and negotiating use of funds and grant activities.
Evaluates and interprets federal CTE laws and state CTE guidelines to provide assistance regarding allowable implementation of the Perkins V Act, state budget procedures and EDGAR regulations. Verifies secondary school and postsecondary grant recipients' reports regarding career guidance materials, school admissions policies, and equal access.
Directs, and conducts on-site Perkins Local Application Performance Reviews at assigned secondary schools and postsecondary grant recipients. Writes reports for each site visited and submits each completed onsite performance report to management within the established timeframes. Communicates articulately with secondary school administrators and postsecondary deans in order for them to comply with state and Perkins policies and guidelines for CTE programs Prepares detailed reports for each assigned secondary and postsecondary grant recipient that includes recommendations that help them to meet the programs standards. Extensive communication skills is necessary. Travel across Pennsylvania is a requirement.
Work Schedule and Additional Information:
• Full-time employment.
• Work hours are 8:30 am to 5:00 pm, Monday – Friday, with 1 hour lunch lunch.
• Telework: You may have the opportunity to work from home (telework) part-time up to 4 days a week (Thursday in the office). In order to telework, you must have a securely configured high-speed internet connection. If you are unable to telework, you will have the option to report to the headquarters office in Harrisburg.
• Salary: In some cases, the starting salary may be non-negotiable.
• You will receive further communication regarding this position via email. Check your email, including spam/junk folders, for these notices.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, TRAINING & ELIGIBILITY:
Minimum Experience and Training Requirements:
• One year as a Career and Technical Education Advisor 1; or
• Five years of professional career and technical education experience including two years in the development and implementation of career and technical education curricula or programs; or
• An equivalent combination of professional career and technical education experience and training, which includes two years in the development and implementation of career and technical education curricula or programs.
• This particular position also requires applicants to possess a minimum of two years of full-time professional career and technical education experience in a 9-12 or postsecondary environment.
• PA residency requirement is currently waived for this title.
• You must be able to perform essential job functions.
How to Apply:
• Resumes, cover letters, and similar documents will not be reviewed, and the information contained therein will not be considered for the purposes of determining your eligibility for the position. Information to support your eligibility for the position must be provided on the application (i.e., relevant, detailed experience/education).
• If you are claiming education in your answers to the supplemental application questions, you must attach a copy of your college transcripts for your claim to be accepted toward meeting the minimum requirements. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable.
• Failure to comply with the above application requirements may eliminate you from consideration for this position.
• Pennsylvania law (51 Pa. C.S. §7103) provides employment preference for qualified veterans for appointment to many state and local government jobs. To learn more about employment preferences for veterans, go to www.employment.pa.gov/Additional%20Info/Pages/default.aspx and click the Veterans’ Preference tab or contact us at email@example.com.
Telecommunications Relay Service (TRS):
• 711 (hearing and speech disabilities or other individuals).
The Commonwealth is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. The Commonwealth values inclusion as we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most qualified people to serve the citizens of Pennsylvania. The Commonwealth does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, ancestry, union membership, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, AIDS or HIV status, disability, or any other categories protected by applicable federal or state law. All diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.
• Completing the application, including all supplemental questions, serves as your exam for this position. No additional exam is required at a test center (also referred to as a written exam).
• Your score is based on the detailed information you provide on your application and in response to the supplemental questions.
• Your score is valid for this specific posting only.
• You must provide complete and accurate information or:
o your score may be lower than deserved.
o you may be disqualified.
• You may only apply/test once for this posting.
• Your results will be provided via email.
Link to job posting:
Commonwealth of PA – Opportunities for All Job Seekers | Working for the Commonwealth is Working for the Common Good! (governmentjobs.com)