Organization/School: Commonwealth of PA, Department of Education
COMMONWEALTH OF PENNSYLVANIA
invites applications for:
Nurse Aide Program Advisor (Specialized Career & Technical Education Advisor 1 – Health Occupations)
The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania is proud to be an equal opportunity employer supporting workplace diversity.
SALARY: $60,362.00 – $91,678.00 Annually
JOB TYPE: Civil Service Permanent Full-Time
DEPARTMENT: Department of Education
LOCATION: Dauphin County
OPENING DATE: 07/14/22
CLOSING DATE: 07/28/22 11:59 PM
JOB CODE: 2246E
POSITION NUMBER: 00028792
UNION: FOSCEP – Fed of St Cult & Ed Profsnls
BARGAINING UNIT: C4
PAY GROUP: ST08
BUREAU/DIVISION CODE: 00163450
BUREAU/DIVISION: Adult Postsecondary Career and Technical Education
WORKSITE ADDRESS: 333 Market Street
WORKSITE ADDRESS: 11th Floor
CITY: Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
ZIP CODE: 17126
CONTACT NAME: Lee Burket
CONTACT PHONE: 717-783-6977
CONTACT EMAIL: email@example.com
Do you like helping people and reviewing educational/training systems? Be part of a team that provides technical assistance, and resources for education providers of nurse aide training. If you are a people person, this position requires traveling across Pennsylvania to visit the education providers to discuss the program and compliance with federal and state regulations.
DESCRIPTION OF WORK:
Conducts compliance reviews, in-services, workshops and conference presentations related to CTE, nurse aide training, statewide postsecondary articulation and programs of study and accreditation.
Review and approve new nurse aide training programs and curriculum that meet federal and state nurse aide training regulations.
Assesses nurse aide training programs at the local level, recommending instructional strategies, and providing technical assistance in improving those programs.
Conducts training sessions, workshops and conferences to provide guidance on new curriculum materials and innovative techniques.
Interested in learning more? Additional details regarding this position can be found in the position description.
Work Schedule and Additional Information:
• Full-time employment.
• Work hours are 7:30am to 4:00pm, Monday – Friday, with a 60-minute lunch.
• Telework: You may have the opportunity to work from home (telework) part-time. In order to telework, you must have a securely configured high-speed internet connection. If you are unable to telework, you will have the option to report to the headquarters office in Harrisburg.
• Salary: In some cases, the starting salary may be non-negotiable.
• You will receive further communication regarding this position via email. Check your email, including spam/junk folders, for these notices.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, TRAINING & ELIGIBILITY:
Minimum Experience and Training Requirements:
• Four years of professional career and technical education experience in the area of the parenthetical including one year of experience developing and implementing specialized career and technical education curricula or programs; or
• An equivalent combination of professional career and technical education experience and training in the area of the parenthetical, which includes one year of professional experience developing and implementing specialized career and technical education curricula or programs.
• This particular position also requires applicants to possess a minimum of two years of full-time professional career and technical education experience in a 9-12 or postsecondary environment.
• PA residency requirement is currently waived for this title.
• You must be able to perform essential job functions.
How to Apply:
• Resumes, cover letters, and similar documents will not be reviewed, and the information contained therein will not be considered for the purposes of determining your eligibility for the position. Information to support your eligibility for the position must be provided on the application (i.e., relevant, detailed experience/education).
• If you are claiming education in your answers to the supplemental application questions, you must attach a copy of your college transcripts for your claim to be accepted toward meeting the minimum requirements. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable.
• Failure to comply with the above application requirements may eliminate you from consideration for this position.
• Pennsylvania law (51 Pa. C.S. §7103) provides employment preference for qualified veterans for appointment to many state and local government jobs. To learn more about employment preferences for veterans, go to www.employment.pa.gov/Additional%20Info/Pages/default.aspx and click the Veterans’ Preference tab or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Telecommunications Relay Service (TRS):
• 711 (hearing and speech disabilities or other individuals).
The Commonwealth is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. The Commonwealth values inclusion as we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most qualified people to serve the citizens of Pennsylvania. The Commonwealth does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, ancestry, union membership, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, AIDS or HIV status, disability, or any other categories protected by applicable federal or state law. All diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.
• Completing the application, including all supplemental questions, serves as your exam for this position. No additional exam is required at a test center (also referred to as a written exam).
• Your score is based on the detailed information you provide on your application and in response to the supplemental questions.
• Your score is valid for this specific posting only.
• You must provide complete and accurate information or:
o your score may be lower than deserved.
o you may be disqualified.
• You may only apply/test once for this posting.
• Your results will be provided via email.
To apply, click the link below:
Commonwealth of PA – Opportunities for All Job Seekers | Working for the Commonwealth is Working for the Common Good! (governmentjobs.com)