Job Title: Masonry Instructor
Organization/School: Lebanon County Career and Technology Center
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Description: The Lebanon County Career and Technology Center (LCCTC) is now accepting applicants for the position of Masonry Instructor. This is a 189-day, full-time professional position.
Performance Responsibilities: The essential functions of this position include, but are not limited to the following fundamental duties:
• Establish standards for classroom behavior and safety that support the school’s discipline and safety programs.
• Identify curriculum content by specifying competencies that are obtained from valid resources and advisory committee review.
• Plan lessons for each competency that are defined by clear performance standards, competency procedures and learning steps.
• Communicate, promote and support the benefits of CTSO’s.
• Maintain technological and teaching skills through continuous professional development.
• Maintain active involvement with advisory committees.
• Communicate with administration, parents, and support staff personnel as necessary concerning pupil progress.
• Create a classroom environment and model behavior that promotes professionalism, courtesy, positive attitude, support and empathy.
• Experience shall include:
o laying out jobs
o estimating materials and cost
o laying of brick and concrete block
o mixing and spreading of mortar and other bonding materials
o Also, experience in scaffolding, masonry reinforcements, chimneys as well as fireplaces and arches, and masonry thin veneers.
• Computer experience is necessary
• Participate in required Teacher Induction program
• Enrollment in Penn State Teacher certification program
• High school diploma, along with formal training in Masonry.
• Must have a minimum of four years of full-time, wage-earning experience in Masonry.
• Must possess or be willing to attain a PA teaching certification (Mason/Masonry CIP 46.0101).
Start Date: ASAP
Application Deadline: 11/01/2023
How to Apply: Interested applicants should submit a letter of interest, resume, the PDE Standard Application, certifications, and three current letters of recommendation to: Andra Groller, Administrative Director, Lebanon County Career and Technology Center, 833 Metro Drive, Lebanon, PA 17042 or firstname.lastname@example.org. E.O.E.
All required clearances must be compliant with the Pennsylvania Department of Education’s mandated criteria for hire.
The position will remain open until the appropriate candidate is identified.
Lebanon County Career and Technology Center
833 Metro Drive
Lebanon, Pennsylvania 17042