High School Automotive Instructor
High School Automotive Instructor
Application Link: https://www.mhskids.org/jobs/high-school-automotive-instructor/
Location: Hershey, PA
Job Category: Teacher
Milton Hershey School (MHS) is seeking a dynamic Automotive Instructor to prepare high school students for careers in the automotive industry. MHS provides a robust Career and Technical Education program in which all high school students enroll in and complete a career technical track, culminating in attainment of relevant work certifications and preparing students for success in post-secondary studies, the world of work, or the military. MHS’s High School serves over 900 lower-income students enrolled in 9th through 12th grade. MHS strives to provide small class sizes (average of 1/15 – 18) & boasts exceptional career tech classrooms and resources.
The Automotive Instructor is responsible for the development and delivery of the Automotive Curriculum, designed to ensure students are able to earn multiple industry certifications and are well prepared for post-graduation success in the automotive field. MHS provides extensive resources so the Automotive Instructor can provide exceptional hands-on real-world learning experiences for the students. The instructor also collaborates with MHS Transportation and local employers in the automotive industry to facilitate opportunities for students to gain real world experiences. This includes guest speakers, site visits, summer experiences, co-ops, internships, etc.
MHS instructors plan, prepare and deliver lessons that are engaging, meaningful, rigorous and developmental. Additionally, they create and analyze formative and summative assessments to differentiate instruction, design programming, and accommodate individual student and whole group needs. MHS instructors collaborate extensively with fellow faculty and other MHS staff to ensure a whole child approach is taken to student development. Additionally, instructors are responsible for supporting School initiatives such as social & emotional learning and health & wellness.
Instructors are required to schedule and complete an additional duty to their instructional schedules. MHS instructors are in a unique role to teach, mentor, motivate and inspire students to fully leverage the opportunities available to them so they can fully reach their potential, both in academics and in life.
• High School degree or GED required.
• Associates or Bachelors’ degree in a relevant field a plus.
• Industry certification(s) preferred
• Ability to teach articulated college courses preferred
• Demonstrated successful instructional experience required, preferably with high school and/or college students
• Experience working with diverse students from lower income a plus.
• Demonstrated success in creating engaging, relevant, and meaningful learning experiences.
• Demonstrated success utilizing data to drive instruction and differentiate instruction.
• Demonstrated skills in applying current trends in the automotive industry, including the utilization of technology.
• Demonstrated skills in utilizing various teaching strategies to increase student capabilities including critical thinking and life skills.
• Co-teaching skills are required.
• Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills are also required.
• Demonstrated skills in ensuring curriculum and instruction evolves with current industry trends.
• Must demonstrate a high degree of integrity as all MHS staff are considered role models for students.
• MHS seeks candidates eager to engage with students beyond the classroom.