Job Title: Custodial / Light Maintenance Worker
Organization/School: Western Area Career & Technology Center
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Description: CUSTODIAL / LIGHT MAINTENANCE WORKER
To professionally fulfill the goals and objectives in conjunction with the philosophy, objectives and policies as set forth by the Western Area Career & Technology Center Joint Operating Committee.
• The custodial/light maintenance worker performs tasks to ensure the cleanliness and safety of grounds and facilities; must be able to operate all cleaning equipment such as buffers, burnishers, and hand implements of mopping, waxing, and trash removal; and will be required to conduct exterior grounds maintenance including grass cutting and snow removal.
• The custodial/light maintenance worker must adhere to policies, procedures and protocols established by federal, state and local agencies and the Joint Operating Committee, and philosophies consistent with those of the administration and/or designee.
The custodial/light maintenance worker is directly responsible to the maintenance supervisor.
• Ability to perform all duties and responsibilities as listed herein.
• Certifications in areas requiring expertise.
• Advanced certification in areas approved/required by the administration.
• Valid Pennsylvania driver’s license.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The essential functions of this position include, but are not limited to, the following fundamental duties:
• Honor and protect the confidentiality of student, personnel, and school business.
• Maintain a professional attitude and appearance.
• Routine maintenance of lighting, plumbing and HVAC systems.
• Participate in preventive maintenance of equipment, electrical motors, small engines, furniture, electronics and other infrastructure.
• Assemble, install, maintain and remove fixtures, furniture, and/or equipment.
• Drive motor vehicles, tractors, and lift trucks to transport or discard materials as needed.
• Waxing, mopping, sweeping and dusting around the buildings and grounds facilities.
• Mix and use chemical cleaners to remove dirt and debris from any and all areas as needed.
• Vacuuming carpets, mopping floors, waxing floors, cleaning shops, classrooms, hallways, doors and windows as needed.
• Removal of dirt and debris and/or snow and ice from sidewalks, curbs, parking lots, and roads using a variety of equipment such as shovels, leaf blowers, hoses, pressure washers, and vehicles.
• Work to portray a positive image for the Western Area Career & Technology Center.
• Perform all other duties assigned by the maintenance supervisor and/or designee.
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: Full-time, year-round position.
EVALUATION: Performance will be evaluated on an annual basis by the maintenance supervisor and/or Executive Director.
Start Date: ASAP
How to Apply: Send or email letter of interest, resume, and Act 34, 151, and 114 Clearances to Michael Milanovich, Executive Director, Western Area Career & Technology Center, 688 Western Avenue, Canonsburg, PA 15317.
Western Area Career & Technology Center
688 Western Avenue
Canonsburg, PA 15317