Cooperative Education Specialist
School District of Lancaster
Cooperative Education Specialist (LEA 22-23 28)
Title Cooperative Education Specialist
Posting ID LEA 22-23 28
1. PA Vocational or Academic Teaching Certiﬁcate and PA Cooperative Education Certiﬁcate.
2. Must demonstrate excellence in the ﬁeld of Career and Technical Education.
3. Ability to operate a computer and applicable software and devices.
4. Ability to eﬀectively communicate and collaborate with students, parents, staﬀ, administration, and industry partners.
5. Ability to support a culture of equity, diversity, and inclusion.
6. Ability to maintain conﬁdentiality and exercise discretion.
7. Such alternatives to the above qualiﬁcations as the Board may ﬁnd acceptable and appropriate.
REPORTS TO: Coordinator of Career and Technical Education (CTE) SUPERVISES: Not applicable
JOB GOAL: Coordinate and facilitate all facets of the CTE cooperative education experience. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
1. Visit local business and industry partners to promote awareness of the cooperative
education program and locate appropriate placement sites.
2. Demonstrate knowledge of all child labor laws, and keep abreast of any changes in wording or interpretations.
3. Maintain accurate and complete student records as required by law, district policy, administrative regulations, and PA cooperative education guidelines.
4. Prepare correspondence and evaluations related to cooperative education.
5. Collaborate with CTE teachers to make students aware of cooperative education opportunities.
6. Meet with the coordinator of CTE to discuss updates, program status, issues, etc.
7. Process cooperative education student placement applications.
8. Obtain all information necessary for the completion of training agreements and training plans.
9. Visit student job sites during the hours of the student’s cooperative educational experience in accordance with the PA cooperative education guidelines, observe student performance, and assess student work progress on the job.
10. Collect and record evaluative data from employers.
11. When necessary, take disciplinary actions in accordance with school policy and contact parents accordingly.
12. Knowledgeable of HIPPA and IDEA regulations and exercises discretion and prudent decision making when dealing with “privacy versus the need to know” issues between students and employers.
13. Conduct an annual review of the cooperative education guidelines and update all applicable paperwork.
14. Compile placement data for cooperative education participants.
15. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Support high school initiatives such as NOCTI administration, Keystone administration, etc.
2. Consistently and eﬀectively communicate with all stakeholders in a timely manner.
3. Convey a positive image of the School District of Lancaster and McCaskey High School at all times.
4. Must be willing to engage in ongoing professional development.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Board’s request
EVALUATION: Evaluation will be determined according to the Teacher Contract Evaluation. PHYSICAL/MENTAL/ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
Sitting for limited periods of time.
100% physically active, standing and walking for extended periods of time. Kneeling, bending, crouching, stooping, and squatting.
Ability to climb stairs.
Visual acuity to read correspondence. Ability to speak clearly and distinctly. Normal/Corrected hearing.
Ability to work as a member of a team.
Must have a positive attitude, cooperative spirit, and sensitivity in relating to students, staﬀ, parents, and the community.
Ability to interpret detailed written and verbal communication. Frequently fast-paced, high-pressure situations.
Normal classroom and oﬃce environment.
Use of personal vehicle to visit job sites (mileage will be paid)
Shift Type Full-Time (School Year)
Salary Range Per Year
Location McCaskey HS
Start Date 06/17/2022
End Date 07/01/2022
Apply for this position at https://lancasterpa.tedk12.com/hire/ViewJob.aspx?JobID=5739#