Job Title: Business Administration Instructor
Organization/School: Thaddeus Stevens College
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Description: FULL-TIME BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION INSTRUCTOR reports directly to the Vice President for Academic Affairs. The Business Administration Instructor is responsible for classroom and lab instruction in various Business Administration courses and assists in updating current curriculum; providing quality instruction for a diverse student population; performing instructional duties and responsibilities in accordance with the philosophy, mission, core values, policies and procedures of the College.
• 5 years’ experience in Business Administration or related field;
• Bachelor’s degree required in a related area;
• Prior teaching experience in the related field;
• Expected to accomplish assigned duties in an efficient, effective and competent manner and to strive for improvement and excellence in all work performed;
• Ability to work independently while contributing to a team environment;
• Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, and to relate to others in a professional, helpful manner;
• Ability to effectively identify and resolve problems and to maintain strict confidentially related to sensitive information;
• Ability to analyze problems, identify solutions, and take appropriate action to resolve problems using independent judgment and decision-making processes;
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other department staff, faculty, students and the public;
• Ability to multi-task and organize, prioritize, and follow multiple projects and tasks through to completion with an attention to detail; and
• Ability to interface with local employers in support of the Business Administration Program.
• More than 10 years of experience in Business Administration or related field;
• Master’s Degree in related area;
• Skill in instructing students from diverse backgrounds;
• Skill in using authentic assessment to evaluate students’ needs and progress; and
• Skill in integrating technology into curriculum and other educational services
• Teach assigned Business Administration Technology courses and associated labs in accordance with College’s workload policy; maintains written instructional standards; facilitates instruction using alternative delivery methods as needed; informs students in writing of instructional standards; posts and maintains office hours; participates in the assessment of student learning outcomes; establishes, maintains and submits accurate student and instructional records in a timely manner;
• Ability to teach all Business Administration courses within the program, including but not limited to Introduction to Business, Business Skills, Principles of Management, Business Computer Applications, Principles of Marketing, Electronic Commerence, and other related processes and skills as required by the curriculum;
• Assists in the preparation of course proposals, curriculum, instructional materials, and evaluation tools; reviews and updates course outlines, textbooks, laboratories and course procedure sheets for Business Administration Technology courses; assists with curriculum updates;
• Applies and maintains standards of quality operating methods, processes, systems, and procedures; implements changes as necessary to maintain a successful Business Administration Technology program; reviews and updates course outlines, textbooks, and course procedure sheets for assigned courses; integrates knowledge of customers, competitors, other industries, industry groups, and professional training to continuously improve program quality;
• Participates in Business Administration Technology course scheduling, College and division meetings; serves on College committees as assigned; collaborates with Dean of Student Success, Instructional Coach, Division Chair, along with other faculty and instructional staff to review and maintain the integrity of department curriculum; and
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
The Business Administration Technology Instructor position is a 9-month, full-time, tenure track faculty position. Openings starting with the Fall 2023 semester. Collective Bargaining Agreement is based on 22 student contact hours and 3 office hours weekly and participating in college professional activities. Other duties and responsibilities are defined in the Collective Bargaining Agreement. Salary and rank for the position are determined on the basis of academic preparation and experience as projected on the Faculty Association Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Application materials must include a cover letter, a current resume, and academic transcripts. Send applications to Heather Burky, Attention: Business Administration Position, Thaddeus Stevens College of Technology, 750 East King Street, Lancaster, PA 17602 or email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed upon submission and postings will remain open until the positions are filled.
Thaddeus Stevens College of Technology is a residential, two-year technical college that serves economically disadvantaged as well as tuition-paying students. The college prepares students for skilled employment in a diverse, ever-changing workforce and for full, effective participation as citizens of the community, the Commonwealth, and the nation. Committed for over a century to lifelong learning, inclusiveness, and community outreach, Thaddeus Stevens College of Technology dedicates itself to the development of Pennsylvania's technical workforce.
Thaddeus Stevens College of Technology does not discriminate in its educational programs or employment practices based on race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, age (as applicable), religion, ancestry, veteran status, or any other legally protected classification. For information about the college, visit our web site at www.stevenscollege.edu.
Start Date: 07/29/2023
How to Apply: Application materials must include a cover letter, a current resume, and academic transcripts. Send applications to Heather Burky, Attention: Business Administration Position, Thaddeus Stevens College of Technology, 750 East King Street, Lancaster, PA 17602 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed upon submission and postings will remain open until the positions are filled.
Thaddeus Stevens College
750 E King Street
Lancaster, PA 17602