Job Title: Assistant Registrar
Organization/School: Thaddeus Stevens College
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Description: Job Title: Assistant Registrar
Department: Division – Academic Affairs
Position Status: Full-Time
Directly Reports To: Registrar
The assistant registrar reports directly to the College Registrar and is a member of the Enrollment Services division of the College. They will represent the Registrar’s Office in the absence of the Registrar. This is a full-time exempt position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Assists the College community with registration and records processes, including Self-Service registration assistance, answering questions related to courses and enrollment, add/drop of student schedules in Colleague and helping students, faculty, and staff understand college policies and course information found in the academic catalogs.
• Works in a team setting with other Registrar’s Office staff on graduation processing, diploma orders, Commencement work, and communication.
• Responsible for transcript evaluation, including advance placement review of articulation agreements with secondary partners.
• Provide effective customer service by thoroughly understanding applicable academic regulations, laws, policies, and procedures related to the Office of the Registrar functions.
• Remains competent and current through self-directed reading, developing working contacts with colleagues, and attending training and/or courses as required by the Registrar.
• Capable of working under pressure and in a potentially stressful situation is needed.
• Works directly with Registrar’s Office staff to troubleshoot and/or create enhancements within existing processes and procedures.
• Works closely with the Registrar on federal, state, and institutional reporting for accuracy and data integrity
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of student records in accordance with FERPA.
• Participate in college-wide enrollment events, including but not limited to Orientation, Open House, and Semester Kick-off events.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• Associate degree and three years experience or a combination of experience and education to successfully perform the job’s essential duties. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Experience with Colleague (SIS) is highly preferred.
• Excellent time management, organization, and scheduling skills.
• Ability to foster a cooperative environment.
• Excellent written and verbal communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills; emphasis on working with a diverse population.
• Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusivity.
• Demonstrate understanding of the college’s mission, values, goals and priorities and an ability to ensure that all are considered in developing events strategies that advance the College’s goals to have a strategic, effective and dynamic engagement experience across all modalities.
Conditions of Employment
Thaddeus Stevens College of Technology is a residential, two year technical college that serves economically disadvantaged as well as tuition-paying students. The College prepares students for skilled employment in a diverse, ever-changing workforce and for full, effective participation as citizens of the community, the Commonwealth, and the nation. Committed for over a century to lifelong learning, inclusiveness, and community outreach, Thaddeus Stevens College of Technology dedicates itself to the development of Pennsylvania’s technical workforce. For information about the College, visit www.stevenscollege.edu.
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment such as a computer, phone, and copier.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing and movement is required. This would require the ability to lift files and file boxes, open filing cabinets, walking, and bending or standing as necessary.
Application Process: Application materials must include a cover letter and a current resume. Send applications to Heather Burky, Attention: Assistant Registrar, Thaddeus Stevens College of Technology, 750 East King Street, Lancaster, PA 17602 or email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed upon submission and the posting will remain open until the position is filled.
Thaddeus Stevens College of Technology is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Thaddeus Stevens College of Technology (the “College”) does not discriminate in its educational programs or employment practices based on race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, age (as applicable), religion, ancestry, veteran status, or any other legally protected classification.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Start Date: 09/05/2023
How to Apply: Application Process: Application materials must include a cover letter and a current resume. Send applications to Heather Burky, Attention: Assistant Registrar, Thaddeus Stevens College of Technology, 750 East King Street, Lancaster, PA 17602 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed upon submission and the posting will remain open until the position is filled.
Thaddeus Stevens College
750 E King Street
Lancaster, PA 17602