Job Title: Assistant Director, Career and Technical Education
Organization/School: Milton Hershey School
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Description: Milton Hershey School (MHS) is a tuition-free, home, and private school for over 2,000 Pre-K through 12th-grade students. Founded in 1909 by Milton and Catherine Hershey, the lives of more than 11,000 students have been positively transformed through MHS’s high-quality career-focused education, nurturing home life, and extensive extra-curricular opportunities. Milton Hershey School provides a career-focused education for all students and touts an exceptional Career & Technical Education (CTE) program that begins in Elementary School and carries through to in-depth career track education, programming, and authentic work experiences for all high school students. You can learn more about MHS’s CTE program here – https://www.mhskids.org/beyond-mhs/mhs-career-technical-education-program/.
Milton Hershey School (MHS) is seeking an Assistant Director, Career and Technical Education. The Assistant Director works with the CTE faculty and staff (over 20 employees) to develop the scope, sequence, instruction and program implementation reviews to align w/ the high quality CTE Program of Study Framework. The Assistant Director also assist in coordinating partnership with accreditation agencies, CTE youth organizations, professional trade organizations, advisory committees, and employers that support the program’s mission. The role also assists in coordinating vertical curriculum articulation and experiential learning opportunities with the Elementary and Middle School, as well as with post-secondary institutions. Other duties include assisting in the creation and implementation of course schedules that support success for teachers and students, assisting with staff professional development, and other special projects. In addition to competitive pay, full-time employees are eligible for an excellent benefits package that includes paid time off, medical, vision & dental insurance, and financial benefits. Starting pay is in the range of $94,952–$126,761, pay is determined based on experience. This is an on-site position located in Hershey, PA.
• Bachelor's degree required, Master’s degree desired.
• Five plus years of experience in leading CTE programs including developing CTE programming, CTE curriculum writing, coordinating work-based learning and conducting reporting & analysis.
• In-depth knowledge of current CTE trends and an ability to collaboratively evolve CTE programs to meet current and future industry trends.
• Proficiency with Microsoft and Google applications. Familiarity with scholastic software and databases desired.
• Exceptional leadership skills including the ability to network, innovate, inspire, influence, negotiate and collaborate.
• Exceptional communication skills – verbal, written and platform.
• Exceptional organizational skills including the ability to multi-task in a dynamic work environment.
• Commitment to excellence.
• Experience working with students from disadvantaged backgrounds is a plus.
• Must demonstrate a high degree of integrity as all MHS staff are considered role models for students.
• Must be eager to engage with students beyond the classroom.
Start Date: 06/05/2023
Application Deadline: 05/28/2023
Application URL: https://www.mhskids.org/jobs/assistant-director-career-and-technical-education/
How to Apply: Learn more and apply at https://www.mhskids.org/jobs/assistant-director-career-and-technical-education/
Milton Hershey School
1201 Homestead Ln
Hershey, Pennsylvania 17033