Job Title: Administrative Director
Organization/School: Columbia Montour AVTS
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Description: Leadership Qualities
• An understanding of, and ability to articulate, the true benefits of vocational-technical education, from developing career skills and exploring career opportunities, to obtaining industry credentials/certifications;
• A demonstrated ability to create cohesion and a mission and goal-driven focus between the board, administration, faculty and staff;
• The systems thinking to oversee the implementation of all policy, programmatic, operational and personnel functions;
• An awareness of career and technical education trends and the evolving dynamics of today’s schools/classrooms;
• A track record of ethical leadership and excellent interpersonal skills;
• Experience working in workforce education, career and technical environments, and formal education settings;
• The knowledge to plan strategically and create an organizational vision that prioritizes the success of every student;
• The ability to lead the negotiation of contracts and agreement with vendors
• Delegation and progress monitoring abilities;
• Strong technical education skills; CTE and curriculum development skills;
• A leadership approach that prioritizes communication and collaboration skills that are consistent, transparent, timely, accurate and persuasive communication;
• Provides leadership to initiate, write, and implement the Career/Technical Education (CTE) Comprehensive Plan and courses of study.
• Ability to coordinate the procurement of emerging equipment and technologies;
• Coordinate the design and delivery of relevant, skills-enhancing professional development;
• A working knowledge of budgeting and educational finance;
• A familiarity with human resources, organizational management, project and facilities management, and team leadership; and,
• An understanding of the NOCTI credentialing process and the resources it provides to customize the student experience.
Start Date: 07/01/2023
Application Deadline: 04/21/2023
How to Apply: Candidates who email their cover letter and resume to Mr. Templeton will receive instructions for submitting an application, clearances, and other documentation. Appointment expected in the Spring, 2023. The deadline for candidates to be assured consideration is April 21, 2023. Mr. Templeton can be reached at (717) 636-3238, or at email@example.com. An applicant must:
• Hold a PA Principal certificate or Letter of Eligibility, and good moral character.
• Provide verification of three years of relevant professional experience in a career and technical school, defined as professional experience in a career and technical education school that is related to the instructional process.
• Provides evidence of satisfactory achievement on the Pennsylvania required test.
TEMPLETON Advantage, LLC
58 Hummingbird Lane