Job Title: Administrative Director
Organization/School: Northern Westmoreland CTC
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Description: Vacancy – Northern Westmoreland Career and Technology Center Director
Northern Westmoreland Career and Technology Center is seeking an experienced, dynamic leader to fill the position of Director to lead workforce development through partnerships and educational training. The ideal candidate will possess a vision that promotes economic regional growth while creating opportunities for students to remain competitive and obtain industry certifications valuable to the business community. Likewise, the ideal candidate will embrace and promote the NWCTC mission to prepare all students for successful careers through rigorous technical skill attainment, academic
achievement, and provide a yearning for professional and life-long learner engagement.
The Northern Westmoreland Career and Technology Center is located at 705 Stevenson Blvd. New Kensington, PA 15068, serving approximately 500 students in grades 9-12 from Burrell, Franklin Regional, Kiski Area, and the New Kensington Arnold School Districts.
The NWCTC offers 12 state-approved career programs offering students an opportunity to obtain
industry aligned certifications and college credits by the time they reach graduation. Students are exposed to a blend of academic instruction combined with technical theory and applications in shop laboratories, and off-campus work-based experiences.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to….
● Supervise all components of the technical educational program including Chapter 339
● Regulations & Approved Program Review
● Provide leadership for curriculum development, teacher induction, faculty professional development and the learning process
● Supervision and evaluation of staff
● Assist in the administration of policies and procedures to achieve educational goals
● NOCTI / NIMS Assessment Coordinator
● Occupational Advisory Committee (OAC)
● Articulation Agreements
● Supervise School Activities & Advisors
● Collaborate with the Joint Operating Committee Board and the Superintendent of Record to provide the resources necessary to ensure faculty are prepared to engage with students in a meaningful and positive student centered learning environment
● Other duties as assigned by the Superintendent of Record and Joint Operating Committee to adapt to the changing needs of the workforce and the organization.
● Five (5) years CTE Administrative and/or K-12 Administrative experience preferred
● Career and Technical Administrative Director Certification or qualifies for Provisional Career and Technical Administrative Director Certification (Alternate Route through the Pennsylvania Department of Education)
Full-time, twelve-month administrator; A regionally competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience will be offered to the successful candidate.
Interested Candidates: Submit a signed letter of interest, resume, clearances including mandated reporter certification per PDE, 3 letters of reference and a copy of PA certifications to Dr. Shannon L. Wagner, Superintendent of Record, 1021 Puckety Church Road, Lower Burrell, PA 15068 or email@example.com Application Deadline: Friday, March 17, 2023. Successful candidate to start in the fall of 2023.
Start Date: 08/01/2023
Application Deadline: 03/17/2023
How to Apply: Interested Candidates: Submit a signed letter of interest, resume, clearances including mandated reporter certification per PDE, 3 letters of reference and a copy of PA certifications to Dr. Shannon L. Wagner, Superintendent of Record, 1021 Puckety Church Road, Lower Burrell, PA 15068 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Northern Westmoreland CTC
705 Stevenson Blvd
New Kensington, PA 15068