Promote quality practices in career and technical education.
- Provide assistance to increase the number of career and technical education programs meeting the requirements of State Board of Education Chapter 4 Regulations and Chapter 339 Standards.
- Provide information and resources to PACTA members.
- Provide technical assistance to PACTA member schools to increase the academic and technical achievement level of career and technical schools
- Provide professional development opportunities to PACTA members specific to their job responsibilities.
Collaborate to enhance the role of career and technical education.
- Foster partnerships with other education associations, workforce development associations, business and industry associations, and governmental agencies.
- Strengthen existing partnerships.
- Identify and build relationships with one new partner each year.
- Improve familiarity and cooperation among PACTA members.
- Enhance website features to include one significant enhancement each year. Consider items such as: best practices, blog, forum, forms sharing, welcome options for new members.
- Support the initiation of smaller sub-regional meetings for the purpose of collaboration.
Provide professional growth opportunities for members.
- Offer professional development activities which respond to identified needs of members.
- Offer conferences, PILs, workshops and and/or study tours based on member needs.
- Utilize technology to provide professional development where appropriate.
- Provide opportunities for members to develop leadership skills.
- Reorganize PACTA committees to encourage increased leadership opportunities for members.
- Provide and implement a mentoring program for members entering new employment positions.
- Provide opportunities for members to represent PACTA at various venues.
Advocate the critical role of career and technical education in quality education and workforce development.
- Market the value and benefits of career and technical education.
- Develop and implement a plan to market career and technical education, including inter-agency and inter-association collaboration.
- Identify and obtain resources to implement the marketing plan.
- Provide members with resources to assist them in marketing career and technical education.
- Promote policy and legislative actions which increase access to career and technical education.
- Develop and implement an annual state legislative agenda and action plan.
- Contract for state lobbying services.
- Develop and implement a national legislative action plan.
- Develop resources and training on advocacy.
- Identify at least three members from each region to participate in the National Policy Seminar.
Establish an organizational structure and staffing pattern that support strategic goals and objectives.
- Review and restructure organization.
- Revise committee structure to reflect strategic plan by June 2010.
- Ensure compliance with Federal and State regulations related to 501 (c) organizations.
- Document organizational procedures including timelines for all PACTA activities and services by June 2012.
- Document all management procedures by June 2012.
- Review and plan for the financial stability of the organization.
- Develop a plan that takes into account the financial growth of the organization and establishes a reserve fund.
- PA-CTEC (PA-Career & Technical Education Conference June 26, 2013 Seven Springs Mountain Resort
- PACTA Summer Leadership Conference July 24, 2013 Nittany Lion Inn, State College
- THE 2013 PACTA WORKSHOP FOR CTE ADULT COORDINATORS September 19, 2013 Nittany Lion Inn, State College